Panzer Battles Demo
"It is not truth that matters, but victory" - Adolf Hitler
"Battles are won by slaughter and manoeuvre. The greater the general, the more he contributes in manoeuvre, the less he demands in slaughter" - Winston Churchill
"You hit somebody with your ﬁst and not with your ﬁngers spread" - Heinz Guderian
"Mortal danger is an effective antidote for ﬁxed ideas" - Erwin Rommel
"The ﬁercest serpent may be overcome by a swarm of ants" - Isoroku Yamamoto
"Some goddamn fool once said that ﬂanks have got to be secure. Since then son of a bitches all over the globe have been guarding their ﬂanks" - George S. Patton
"If we come to a mineﬁeld, our infantry attacks exactly as if it were not there" - Georgy Zhukov
"Education is dangerous - Every educated person is a future enemy" - Hermann Goering
"History shows that there are no invincible armies" - Joseph Stalin
"Do not plan for my return" - Tadamichi Kuribayashi
The Panzer Battles Demo is an introduction to the Panzer Battles franchise. This Demo is intended to showcase the diversity of situations the game system can handle as well as provide an opportunity for a new generation of scenario designers to publish their handiwork. It’s also intended to test new game systems and theatres before inclusion in full commercial titles. We hope that with the provision of this free Demo, more players will be introduced to the game system.
The Panzer Battles Demo, on release includes 25 playable scenarios and a further 5 reference scenarios ranging from 5 turns to 32 turns in length. Representative battles from the Pacific, North Africa, Eastern and Western Europe are included with examples of small (battalion/regiment), medium (division) and large (corps) engagements.
- May 1940; Belgium - Battle of Hannut 2 scenarios
- March 1941; North Africa – Mersa el Brega 8 scenarios
- September 1941; Russia – Perekop 5 scenarios
- August 1942; Guadalcanal – Tenaru River 2 scenarios
- July 1943; Russia – Klyuchi (Getting Started) 1 scenario
- August 1943; Russia - Bogodukhov 4 scenarios
- February 1944; Estonia – Narva River 2 scenarios
- February 1944; Italy – Cassino 1 scenario
- 25 Playable Scenarios – covering all sizes and situations, including specialized versions for both head to head play and vs. the computer AI.
- Multiple Maps covering battlefields in Belgium, Estonia, Libya, The Solomon Islands and Russia. 19 sub maps are included.
- Order of Battles including Allied forces from the United States Marines, United Kingdom, Free French, Commonwealth and the Soviet Union. The Axis forces include the German Wehrmacht, SS, and Luftwaffe as well as the Japanese Army and Naval forces and provision for the Italians.
- Unit component, Order-of-Battle and Scenario Editors which allow players to customize the game.
- Sub-map feature allowing any of the included maps to be "chopped" up into smaller segments for custom scenario creation.
- All new map graphics with a new visual style to improve height perception. Fortifications and other icons are integrated into the game map.
- Three different counter sets switchable in game including side on, top down and NATO symbols.
- All new images for unit art for both sides, including infantry, guns and vehicles.
- Documentation includes an 18 page 'Scenario Notes as well as revised rules manuals.
The Panzer Battles Demo provides multiple play options including play against the computer AI, Play by E-mail (PBEM), LAN & Internet "live" play, and two player hot seat.
- Designer Notes (26 page 3mb PDF file)
- Getting Started Guide (25 page 4mb PDF file)
- User Manual (101 page 3mb PDF file)
- Project Coordinator: David Freer
- Programmers: John Tiller, Robert ‘Berto’ Osterlund
- Scenario Design: David Freer, Joao Lima, Chris Maiorana, David Michas
- Order of Battle: Mike Avanzini, David Freer, David Michas
- Game Maps: Mike Avanzini, David Freer, Chris Haigh, Chris Maiorana, David Michas
- Unit Graphics/Game Art: David Freer
- Game Documentation: David Freer
- Play Testing: Mike Amos, Rick ‘Ricky B’ Bancroft, Brian ‘Dogsoldier’ Bedford, Julio ‘JC’ Cabrero, Jeff Conner, Stephen Duncan, David Freer, Chris Haigh, Kevin ‘Kuriltai’ Hankins, Joao Lima, Chris Maiorana, David Michas, César ‘Indragnir’ Librán Moreno, Robert ‘Berto’ Osterlund, Ed ‘Richie61’ Pacitto, Dennis ‘Landser34’ Suttman, Martin Svendsen, Ed ‘Volcano Man’ Williams
Processor: 1 GHz
Disk Space: 1 GB
Memory: 1 GB
Video Memory: 512 MB
This wargame can be downloaded for free at The John Tiller Software Store