Historically, Great Britain being an island nation has been one of it's great strengths. However, with the development of the submarine, that strength also exposed a vulnerability. Britain was absolutely dependent on its maritime lifeline, a lifeline the Germans had nearly severed in the Great War, and one they would attack with even more fury in the Second World War.
Wolfpack covers the battles over that lifeline, not only from the perspective of the U-Boats, but also that of the escort commanders on their cold and lonely vigils in the North Atlantic.
Can you bring down the transports that carried the very life blood of Britain? Can you keep the hunters of the sea away, and keep your charges safe?
- 50 scenarios ranging from small single submarine actions to massed wolfpack attacks.
- Scenarios also highlight the role of air power, both land and air based.
- Two campaigns are included, one on the career of the legendary ace Gunther Prien, and the other highlighting the changes in the Battle of the Atlantic from 1940-45.
- Wolfpack uses a real-time game engine that can be run from 1x to 10x real-time and has the ability to pause.
- Players can play each scenario against the computer A/I or using network play.
- The British player has access to the full ASW arsenal, including Depth Charges, Depth Charge Projectors and Hedgehogs, while the Germans have innovative equipment like Snorkels and Homing Torpedoes.
- A powerful Scenario Editor and Order of Battle Editor are included so that players can design their own scenarios of historical or hypothetical situations.
- Shore terrain is included for Scapa Flow, the Kola Inlet, Gibraltar, Aruba and the North Carolina Coast.
Here are some files from the game:
- Game Coordinator: Gary McClellan
- Scenario Designers: Mike Cox, Gary McClellan, John Tiller, Steve Jones
- Artist: Joe Amoral
- Playtesters: Mike Cox, Gary McClellan, Steve Jones, Klaus Kuhlmann, Joao Lima.
System RequirementsWindows Vista, 7, 8, or 10
Processor: 1 GHz
Disk Space: 1 GB
Memory: 1 GB
This wargame is for sale at The John Tiller Software Store