On 18 June 1815, south of the small Belgian hamlet Waterloo in what was then the Kingdom of the Netherlands, occurred one of the most decisive battles of history. Napoleon Bonaparte hoped to destroy the coalition armies arrayed against him by means of a quick, decisive campaign. His plan was to defeat in detail each of his main antagonists, the Anglo-Allied army under Field Marshal the Duke of Wellington, and the Prussian army under Generalfeldmarschall Gebhard Leberecht Fuerst Bluecher von Wahlstatt. While this campaign encompassed several months of the spring and summer of 1815, and ranged all along the wide flung frontiers of France, the four days of the Waterloo campaign, from the crossing of the Netherlands border by Napoleon's Armée du Nord on 15 June, the indecisive actions at Quatres Bras, Ligny and Wavre, and the disastrous French defeat at the hands of the combined Anglo-Allied and Prussian armies on 18 June, decided the fate of the emperor, and by implication, the Empire. But now you have the opportunity to take command in this great campaign and change the course of history.
- Over 160 scenarios, with the inclusion of the Waterloo Expansion pack.
- The major actions of the campaign, such as the battles of Quatre-Bras, Ligny, and Waterloo itself
- Several hypothetical actions based on alternative approach marches. Several of these scenarios place the entire French Army against both the Anglo-Allies and the Prussians for one grand battle of annihilation.
- Many company scale scenarios to dig down into low level details over the various major battles.
- Campaign features an additional 109 scenarios for both historical and hypothetical paths to be played in the campaign setting.
- Huge master map with 224,000 hexes covers from Charleroi in the south to just outside Brussels.
- Units represent historical regiments, battalions, skirmisher companies and artillery batteries, as well as all major leaders and unit commanders.
- Players can view units in several different modes, including 3-D "miniatures" style figures or NATO style military symbols.
- Each map hex is 100 meters across, and each turn is 15 minutes of real time.
- For company scale each map hex is 20 meters across, and each turn is 5 minutes of real time.
- Players can select formations for units and employ a wide array of tactics.
- There are also special rules for light infantry, heavy cavalry and pioneers.
- A Scenario Editor that allows the players to build their own scenarios.
- A Campaign Editor that allows the players to build their own campaigns.
- Scenario Design: Charlie Cutshall and Rich Hamilton
- Additional Research and Historical Overview: D.S. Walter
- Cover Painting: Adrian George
- Playtesters: D.S. Walter, Steve Cutshall, Ernie Sands, Claes Melbro, James Brammer, Hans Boersma, Garry Cope, Phil Natta
System RequirementsWindows Vista, 7, 8, or 10
Processor: 1 GHz
Disk Space: 1 GB
Memory: 1 GB
Video Memory: 512 MB
This wargame is for sale at John Tiller Software Store.