In the Fall of 1806, Napoleon's "La Grande Armée" destroyed the Prussian army in a series of battles and pursuit actions. Pressing on to the east he decided to conduct a winter campaign in Poland. Facing him were the Russian army and the Prussian corps of Gen. Lt. L'Estocq. After the initial campaign in December, where his forces were unable to decisively defeat the Allies at the Battles of Pultusk and Golymin, Napoleon decided to put his army into winter quarters. The Russians, under the command of General Bennigsen, came out of winter quarters to engage in offensive operations and nearly defeated Maréchal Bernadotte's I Corps at Mohrungen. The Allies drove on Guttstadt and Allenstein but the French outmaneuvered them and the Allies were compelled to retreat. Following these actions the French army took the offensive and drove the Russians back on Eylau where both sides fought to a bloody draw. Both armies went back into winter quarters to emerge and engage once again in battle in June with the French army emerging victorious at Friedland.
Campaign Eylau-Friedland, the thirteenth installment in the Napoleonic Battles series, recreates the battles of the campaign in Poland of 1806-07. These were fought initially in the frozen countryside of Poland and East Prussia during the winter months of December through February and in the spring of 1807 at the end of which the French and their allies emerged victorious. Now you can take control of either the French or Allied armies and refight the famous battles which decided the fate of the Fourth Coalition and brought about the birth of the Grand Duchy of Warsaw and saw the Allies foiled once again by Napoleon.
Command the French at Eylau and try and defeat Bennigsen's Russian army through blinding snow of February or as the Allies defeat Napoleon at Heilsberg. At Friedland, lead your French legions to victory or as General-Lieutenant Essen at the First Battle of Ostraleka try and defeat Maréchal Lannes' V Corps before it can unite. Twenty-two historical battles await your pleasure including Eylau, where the Prussians arrived to save the day, or at Heilsberg where Napoelon's subordinates unwisely attacked the prepared positions of the Russian right wing. Can you as Maréchal Bernadotte at Mohrungen defeat the Russians before more of their forces arrive? Will your French forces under Maréchal Ney be decimated by the more numerous forces of the Russians at Güttstadt or will the French VI Corps live to fight another day? All this and more awaits you in Campaign Eylau-Friedland.You can read more about the game in the Scenario Designer Notes.
- Twenty-two battles and over two-hundred and twenty scenarios, to include the battles of Eylau, Friedland, Heilsberg, Guttstadt, 1st and 2nd Ostroleka and Mohrungen
- Tutorial scenario that helps the player learn the game system.
- A wide range of scenarios which allow the players to command an entire army or just a few brigades.
- A select group of campaign scenarios available for play as stand alone battles.
- Bonus battles that add in forces that were not used in the campaign or standard scenarios.
- See the Scenario and Campaign list.
- The 1806 Winter Campaign - Includes the Battles of Pultusk and Golymin.
- The 1807 Winter Campaign - Includes the Battle of Eylau.
- The 1807 Spring Campaign - Includes the Battles of Heilsberg and Friedland.
- The full 1806-07 Campaign - Covers the entire campaign in Poland.
- Turn scale is either 10 or 15 minutes.
- A Design folder includes files and information that will aid the customer in learning how to build their own scenarios.
- A Terrain Effects Chart is included that helps the players determine the effects of terrain and the movement allowance of their units.
- A Weapons Chart is included that allows the players to determine the range and effects of all weapons in the game.
- Over sixty-two maps (to include submaps) are included covering the famous battles such as Eylau, Heilsberg and Friedland
- Scenario and Campaign Editors.
- New 2D Magnified view
- Night turn length extended to 4 hours (240 minutes)
- Maxium visibility range can be extended up to 180 hexes
- The Armies of Campaign Eylau-Friedland - pictoral display of the uniforms and soldiers of the various nations and minor allies which fought during the 1806-07 Polish Campaign.
- The Battles of Campaign Eylau-Friedland - a listing of each historical battle in the game to include a jump map image, strength comparison and historical briefing.
- Terrain Effects Chart - lists each terrain type and the movement costs for each troop type.
- Weapons Effect Chart - lists all of the weapons in the game and their firepower value by range.
- Parameter Data File Guide - breaks down each line in the PDT files and is for the customer in designing their own battles.
- Situation Maps - helps the players understand the history of the campaigns in CEF and acquaints them with the locations where the battles were fought.
- Order of Battle Guide - gives a detailed explanation of the units in the order of battle files.
- Order of Battle Compendium - a PDF of all of the order of battle listings for the battles in CEF.
- Campaign Eylau-Friedland Artwork - lists all of the units in the game and their location in the graphics files.
- Leaderlist for Campaign Eylau-Friedland - lists all of the leaders in the game and their location in the leaders graphics file.
- Turn Tracks - useful for the long battle and campaign scenarios.
- Special Rules - used in the certain scenarios where certain restrictions need to be applied for more historically accurate game play.
- NEW: Unit Listings for Campaign Eylau-Friedland - lists every unit's order of battle line entry for review by the players or in building new OB files for custom scenarios.
- Project Coordinator/Scenario Designer: Bill Peters
- Graphics Team: Mark Adams & Joe Amoral
- Historical Consultants: Bill Cann, Michael Hopper, Paco Palomo, Cezary Pluskwa and Alexandr Zaytzev
- Scenario Maps: Bill Peters & Nick Bell
- Situation Maps: Bill Peters and Joe Amoral
- Playtesters: Ed Blackburn, Andrew Boustouler, Bill Cann, Art Hall, Jim Hall, Jeff Kulp, Doug Miller, Mark Nelms, Jim Owczarski, Jim Pfluecke, Paco Palomo, Bill Peters, Cezary Pluskwa, Marco Rietveld, Paul Synnott, Donald Vandergriff, Alexander Zaytsev
- Special thanks to Dominik Derwinski for the Order of Battle Editor used in generating the OB Reports.
System RequirementsWindows Vista, 7, 8, or 10
Processor: 1 GHz
Disk Space: 1 GB
Memory: 1 GB
Video Memory: 512 MB
Campaign Eylau is for sale at the John Tiller Software Store.