The First Blitzkrieg
In September 1939 a new form of warfare erupted in Europe, one that would forever transform how wars were fought. As German panzers rolled across Poland, a new word was spoken to describe combined armor and air operations: Blitzkrieg. Following the conquest of Poland, Germany would then turn its attention to Scandinavia and then to France and the Low Countries in the first few years of what would become the Second World War. Can you command the German panzers with the same skill as Guderian and Rommel, or as the Allies, can you stop the Wehrmacht where the historical commanders failed?
- 17 scenarios and campaigns from the invasion of Poland to the Fall of France.
- Hypothetical scenarios drawn from Operation SEA LION (the planned German invasion of Britain).
- Scenarios on a hypothetical Allied offensive against Germany in the autumn of 1939.
- Game scale is 1 hex = 10 kilometers, 1 turn = 2 days.
- Scenario editors which allow players to customize the game.
- Sub-map feature allows the main map to be "chopped" up into smaller segments for custom scenario creation.
- Provides multiple play options including play against the computer AI, Play by e-mail (PBEM), LAN & Internet "live" play, and two player hotseat.
- Scenario Design: Glenn Saunders, and Dave Blackburn
- Historical Research: Wig Graves
- AI Programming: John Rushing
- Artist: Joe Amoral
- Unit Graphics: Mark Adams
- Playtesters: Glenn Saunders (Coordinator), Dave Blackburn, Richard Bancroft, Lee Elmendorf, Bob Hutchison, Bob Mayer, Paul Sinatra, Ed Williams
- Campaign Maps: Mike Avanzini
System RequirementsWindows XP, Vista, 7, 8, or 10
Processor: 1 GHz
Disk Space: 1 GB
Memory: 1 GB
This wargame is for sale at The John Tiller Software Store