The Proud and the Few
The "dogs of war" were unleashed in the Pacific on December 7th, 1941. Now the United States had been attacked and was forced into a worldwide conflagration. After losing Wake, The Philippines and other locations in the Pacific, the United States Marines were called upon to spearhead a prolonged advance across the islands all the way to the Japanese home islands. Now with this game, "The Proud and the Few" you can relive those glorious moments of the Marine history in their victorious advance from one island to another. From Guadalcanal to Okinawa, and even to the shores of the Japanese home islands, join the fight to ultimate victory.
- Scenarios include Wake Island, Tarawa, Guadalcanal, Iwo Jima, and others.
- New features include caves and cave movement, Banzai charges, K-9 dogs, and other unique features of the Pacific War.
- There are complete maps of Wake Island, Iwo Jima, Roi-Namur, Makin Island, and many more.
- Thirty-Five "submaps" have been added of many types of terrain found in the Pacific. They include beaches, mountains, village complexes, valleys, dense terrain, and others.
- Players control squads or fire teams of men, individual leaders and individual vehicles in a variety of conditions.
- Based on a tried and true turn-based platform using 40 meter hexes and an intuitive interface allowing players to use a combination of mouse clicks, menu commands and hot keys to control their units.
- Views are in two levels of 2D and two levels of 3D.
- Supports single person play against the computer, two-person hot-seat, two-person Play-By-E-Mail, and multiplayer network play over LANs and the Internet.
- Game Coordinator: Wild Bill Wilder
- Scenario Designers: Louie Marsh, Bryan Melvin, James Rapkins, Wild Bill Wilder
- Playtesters: Randy Casebier, Massimo Rocca, CJ Mello, James Rapkins, Bryan Melvin, Louie Marsh, Wild Bill Wilder
System RequirementsWindows XP, Vista, 7, 8, or 10
Processor: 1 GHz
Disk Space: 1 GB
Memory: 1 GB
The Proud and the Few is available for sale at the John Tiller Software Store.