Tobruk '41 Gold
Following the British defeat of the Italians in 1940, Rommel would arrive with the lead elements of the infamous Afrika Korps. Tobruk '41 is an operational level simulation that traces the North African desert campaigns with scenarios covering action from Mersa Brega in March '41, and finishing at the end of Crusader in December. In 1940, the British had little trouble pushing the Italian army in Libya away from the Egyptian border. However early the next year, General Rommel arrived in North Africa and quickly took the offensive. While the British garrison at Tobruk held on, desperate battles were fought across the desert sands. Will the British be able to relieve Tobruk, or will Rommel earn another victory resulting in his standing as the Desert Fox?
- 51 starter and intermediate historical scenarios.
- 7 different campaign scenarios.
- A master map measuring over 160 by 110 kilometers.
- Over 1000 units represent the Afrika Korps and the British Eighth Army, mainly at battalion and company level.
Game features include:
- Game scale is 1 hex = 1 km, 1 turn = 2 hours, with battalion and company size units.
- Order-of-Battle and Scenario Editors which allow players to customize the game.
- Sub-map feature allows the main map to be "chopped" up into smaller segments for custom scenario creation.
- Multiple play options including play against the computer AI, Play by E-mail (PBEM), LAN & Internet "live" play, and two player hot seat.
New Gold features include:
- An additional 50 new scenarios. all from the Ed ‘Volcano Man’ William’s Alternate mod making 102 in total. These include both historical and hypothetical scenarios.
- All new game graphics including terrain, in game counters and 2D & 3D units as well as the toolbar icons.
- All new sounds.
- Game enhancements include revised disruption movement and reinforcement ‘place all’ function from the First World War Campaign series.
These campaign maps show both the operating area for the game and the location of scenarios (JPG files):
- Campaign Map 1
- Campaign Map 2
- Campaign Map 3
- Campaign Map 4
- Campaign Map 5
- Campaign Map 6
- Campaign Map 7
- Campaign Map 8
- Campaign Map 9
- Research and Scenario Design: W. G. (Wig) Graves
- Playtesters: Panzergruppe Saunders
- Additional Research: Jim Broshot, Jim Dunnam, and David Hughes
- Technical Assistance: Glenn Saunders and Dave "Blackie" Blackburn
- Gold Release: David Freer with Wargame Design Studio
System RequirementsWindows Vista, 7, 8, or 10
Processor: 1 GHz
Disk Space: 1 GB
Memory: 1 GB
This wargame is for sale at The John Tiller Software Store