German operational level attack on Smolensk, the gateway to Moscow, in July 1941. This battle is one of exploitation where units race across the steppes in an effort to encircle masses of Russian troops. The first in the Series and still the favorite of many Panzer Campaign Players. In the summer of 1941, the German invasion of the Soviet Union was sweeping over the forward defenses. As Army Group Center approached the Dnepr River, the Red Army regrouped in an attempt to hold them in the vicinity of the historic city of Smolensk. Who will win this campaign in the Russian heartland?
- 30 scenarios including both historical and hypothetical scenarios.
- Including 10 "operatational situation" scenarios each dealing with a specific instance of operational warfare.
- Hypothetical scenario involving the paradrop of the German 7th Flieger Division assuming the Crete operation didn't occur.
Game features include:
- Game scale is 1 hex = 1 km, 1 turn = 2 hours, with battalion and company size units.
- Order-of-Battle and Scenario Editors which allow players to customize the game.
- Sub-map feature allows the main map to be "chopped" up into smaller segments for custom scenario creation.
- Multiple play options including play against the computer AI, Play by E-mail (PBEM), LAN & Internet "live" play, and two player hot seat.
Here are some files from the game:
- Planning Map (JPG file)
- Situation 7/7/41 (JPG file)
- Situation 7/16/41 (JPG file)
- Situation 7/25/41 (JPG file)
- Research and Scenario Design: Gregory "Sturm" Smith
- Playtesters: John Kincaid, Nick Bell, Greg Tanner, and Panzergruppe Saunders
- Additional Input: Jim Dunnam
System RequirementsWindows XP, Vista, 7, 8, or 10
Processor: 1 GHz
Disk Space: 1 GB
Memory: 1 GB
This wargame is for sale at The John Tiller Software Store