Normandy '44 Gold
Normandy '44 is an operational level simulation of the D-Day landings and subsequent battles to move inland fighting your way off the beaches. This is a battle largely of attrition where you will slug your way through bocage to break the dead lock in one of the best know and record campaigns in history. After 4 years of German occupation, the Allied forces in England were ready to liberate France. An enormous force of infantry, armoured, airborne naval, and air forces stood poised to strike at the German beach fortifications and dense bocage of Normandy. All hopes for the liberation of France and the end of World War II would depend on the success or failure of this invasion. Will Eisenhower's plan succeed, or will Rommel's panzers throw the Allied invasion back into the sea?
- Scenarios range from a series of starter and intermediate historical scenarios, up to the full 250 turn campaign game.
- Individual scenarios cover Utah, Omaha, Gold, Juno, and Sword beach assaults.
- Over 1500 units represent the Allied Armies versus Army Group B at mainly battalion level.
Game features include:
- Game scale is 1 hex = 1 km, 1 turn = 2 hours, with battalion and company size units.
- Order-of-Battle and Scenario Editors which allow players to customize the game.
- Sub-map feature allows the main map to be "chopped" up into smaller segments for custom scenario creation.
- Multiple play options including play against the computer AI, Play by E-mail (PBEM), LAN & Internet "live" play, and two player hot seat.
New Gold features include:
- An additional 39 scenarios from the Volcano Man mods making 96 in total. These include both historical and hypothetical scenarios.
- All new game graphics including terrain, in game counters and 2D & 3D units as well as the toolbar icons.
- All new sounds.
- Game enhancements include revised disruption movement and reinforcement ‘place all’ function from the First World War Campaign series.
Here are some files from the game:
- Research and Scenario Design: Jim Dunnam and W. G. "Wig" Graves
- Scenario Development and Game Map: Glenn Saunders and Dave Blackburn
- Playtesters: Rich Walker, Bill Speer, Gary Quick, John Kincaid, and Panzergruppe Saunders
- Additional Research: David Hughes and Jim Broshot
- Gold Release: David Freer with Wargame Design Studio
System RequirementsWindows Vista, 7, 8, or 10
Processor: 1 GHz
Disk Space: 1 GB
Memory: 1 GB
This wargame is for sale at The John Tiller Software Store