Market-Garden '44 Gold
By early September 1944, the Germans were in full retreat with Wehrmacht units streaming back to the Fatherland in complete disarray. However, German commanders were beginning to slow the tide of units and to begin organizing a defense line just as the Allied advance stalled due to lack of supplies. By early September 1944, the Germans were in full retreat with Wehrmacht units streaming back to the Fatherland in complete disarray. However, German commanders were beginning to slow the tide of units and to begin organizing a defense line just as the Allied advance stalled due to lack of supplies. Montgomery argued that a single attack should be on his line of advance through Holland and on to Germany. His plan code-named Market-Garden called for the Allied Airborne Army, consisting of the US 101st, the U.S. 82nd and the 1st British Airborne Divisions, to seize a series of five bridges over a one hundred kilometer stretch through Holland. The final bridge, to be taken by the British and Polish paratroopers, at Arnhem, and would give the Allies access to Germany. Can you succeed where Montgomery fail?
- 35 historically based scenarios are included.
- Several "what-if" scenarios with alternative drop sites for the airborne troops and the possible inclusion of the 52nd "Lowland" air transportable division.
- Six campaign scenarios covering the entire battle.
Game features include:
- Game scale is 1 hex = 1 km, 1 turn = 2 hours, with battalion and company size units.
- Order-of-Battle and Scenario Editors which allow players to customize the game.
- Sub-map feature allows the main map to be "chopped" up into smaller segments for custom scenario creation.
- Multiple play options including play against the computer AI, Play by E-mail (PBEM), LAN & Internet "live" play, and two player hot seat.
New Gold features include:
- An additional 32 new scenarios. 31 are from the Ed ‘Volcano Man’ William’s Alternate mod and a brand new deeply researched campaign game by Rev Rico making 64 in total. These include both historical and hypothetical scenarios.
- All new game graphics including terrain, in game counters and 2D & 3D units as well as the toolbar icons.
- All new sounds.
- Game enhancements include revised disruption movement and reinforcement ‘place all’ function from the First World War Campaign series.
Here are some files from the game:
- Scenario Design: Greg Smith, Glenn Saunders, Dave Blackburn
- Additional Graphics: Adam Parker
- Playtesters: Panzergruppe Saunders
- Gold Release: David Freer with Wargame Design Studio
System RequirementsWindows Vista, 7, 8, or 10
Processor: 1 GHz
Disk Space: 1 GB
Memory: 1 GB
This wargame is for sale at The John Tiller Software Store