In early May 1940, the war clouds that started in Poland the previous year blew into France and the Lower Countries as the Germans cross the border thus ending the period known as "The Phony War". With the opening of hostilities the Franco-British Armies executed their pre-war plan and marched into central Belgium to meet the enemy and to re-fight the First World War. The Germans however had devised a new attack. A bold and risky plan to push the bulk of their mobile forces through the Ardennes Forest, outflank the Allied forces and pin them to the coast. Will the German Panzer Divisions be able to duplicate this brilliant maneuver and this time defeat the Allies before the Army can be evacuated at Dunkerque? Or will the Allies rescue the situation like they did on the Marne River in 1914?
- 25 scenarios and campaigns focusing primarily on the period from 10-24 May.
- Campaign optional setups allow for either free Allied play from 10 May or Allied commitment to deploy historically in central Belgium while lightly screening the Ardennes.
- Map covers over 78,000 hexes that encompasses northern France, Belgium, Luxembourg and southern Holland.
Game features include:
- Game scale is 1 hex = 1 km, 1 turn = 2 hours, with battalion and company size units.
- Order-of-Battle and Scenario Editors which allow players to customize the game.
- Sub-map feature allows the main map to be "chopped" up into smaller segments for custom scenario creation.
- Multiple play options including play against the computer AI, Play by E-mail (PBEM), LAN & Internet "live" play, and two player hot seat.
Here are some files from the game:
- Designer Notes (PDF file)
- Scenario Design: David Guegan
- Scenario Development and Game Map: Glenn Saunders and Dave Blackburn
- Getting Started: Glenn Saunders
- Playtesters: Panzergruppe Saunders
System RequirementsWindows XP, Vista, 7, 8, or 10
Processor: 1 GHz
Disk Space: 1 GB
Memory: 1 GB
This wargame is for sale at The John Tiller Software Store