It is late 1944 and the Western Allies are catching their breath after racing across France. Standing at the frontier of Germany, the end of the war seems at hand. The Germans have other ideas, however. For the second time in the war, the Germans pull off a surprise attack in the Ardennes. Under the cover of bad weather that grounds Allied air power the secretly assembled Panzer Armees shakes the ground with a dawn attack. Allied units, shocked and alone in their scattered positions are grimly determined to accomplish the impossible. In the desperate hours ahead, these brave and heroic men will decide the war on the Western Front.
Panzer Campaigns: Bulge '44 covers the German counteroffensive in the Ardeness from the initial attacks on December 16, 1944 through the Allied counterattack.
- 1st SS Panzer Korps attacks in the north.
- Particular attention to the operation by Colonel Peiper.
- 47th Panzer Korps attacks in the center.
- Key battles for Bastogne.
- Final desperate attempts at Rochefort and Ciney at the tip of the Bulge.
Scenarios range in length from 7 turns up to massive 162 turn scenarios that allow the player to command the entire campaign on either side.
Game features include:
- Game scale is 1 hex = 1 km, 1 turn = 2 hours, with battalion and company size units.
- 24 scenarios – including both historical and hypothetical situations.
- Order-of-Battle and Scenario Editors which allow players to customize the game.
- Sub-map feature allows the main map to be "chopped" up into smaller segments for custom scenario creation.
- Multiple play options including play against the computer AI, Play by E-mail (PBEM), LAN & Internet "live" play, and two player hot seat.
Here are some files from the game:
- Research and Scenario Design: Greg Smith, Glenn Saunders, and Dave Blackburn
- Playtesters: Panzergruppe Saunders and John Kincaid
System RequirementsWindows XP, Vista, 7, 8, or 10
Processor: 1 GHz
Disk Space: 1 GB
Memory: 1 GB
This wargame is for sale at The John Tiller Software Store