Ever since the cease-fire of the Korean War of the 1950's, an uneasy peace had existed on the Korean peninsula. As the Cold War grew in intensity through the 60's and 70's, the positions of the two sides became increasingly strained. By the mid 80's both sides were armed and ready to do battle once more. It would only take one incident in the world to trigger a new Korean War, one that would be fought with weapons and attack helicopters. With events in Europe carrying the course of history in unexpected directions, the time for the new Korean War has arrived.
- 26 scenarios ranging from small battles to a complete 180 game turn campaign scenario.
- Map is over 240 x 230 hexes covering most of the Korean Peninsula.
- Turn-based game engine with 3 hour day turns and 1 mile hexes.
- Units are at the battalion, company, and platoon level.
- Tank, reconnaissance, artillery, infantry, parachute, engineer, antitank, AAA, rocket, and headquarters units.
- Special rules for Chemical Warfare, Artillery-Delivered Mines, Electronic Warfare (including jamming and intelligence), and Thermal Imaging Sights.
- Supports single person play against the computer, two-person hot-seat, two-person Play-By-E-Mail, and multiplayer network play over LANs and the Internet.
- Comes with Main Program, full-featured Scenario Editor, Sub-map editor and Order of Battle Editor.
New Gold Features
- An additional 46 new scenarios. All are from the Ed ‘Volcano Man’ William’s Alternate mod and Chinese expansion pack making 72 in total.
- All new game graphics including terrain, in game counters and 2D & 3D units as well as the toolbar icons.
- All new sounds.
- Game enhancements include revised disruption movement and reinforcement ‘place all’ function from the First World War Campaign series.
Here are some files from the game:
- Hypothetical Historical Overview (PDF file)
- Scenario Design: Edward "Volcano Man" Williams
- Development Assistance: Glenn Saunders, Dave Blackburn, Bob Mayer
- Playtesters: Glenn Saunders, Dave Blackburn, Bob Mayer, Thomas Wulfes, Philip Jarrett, Mark Breed, Rick Bancroft, Michael Hunkele
- Gold Release: David Freer with Wargame Design Studio
System RequirementsWindows Vista, 7, 8, or 10
Processor: 1 GHz
Disk Space: 1 GB
Memory: 1 GB
This wargame is for sale at The John Tiller Software Store