War Over The Mideast
Since ancient times the Mideast has witnessed continuous clashes between religions, cultures, and nations. Israel's reestablishment in 1948 attracted refugees from the world over but also generated much resentment. For the next sixty years conflicts would rage with Israel at the center. 1956, '67 & '73 would be years of major conflict and are all covered in this title. Additionally actions in Lebanon ('82) and assorted strikes in '85, '06 & '07 are also covered. The violent Mideast chariot clashes continue thousands of years after the Biblical era, but modern chariots now flash across the sky trailing fire and raining down thunder and lightning on the enemy below.
- 30 Scenarios are included covering engagements such as Operation Kadesh in 1956, to Operation Moked in 1967's Six Day War and the 1973 Mansourah Air Battle.
- Scenarios range in size from small raids such as the 1981 Operation Opera - Iraq Nuclear Reactor Strike to huge battles such as Purple Line - Crisis in the Golan Heights.
- Real-time Main Program simulates modern air combat in Single-Player Mode vs. the AI and Multi-Player Mode against other players.
- A Scenario Editor and Order of Battle Editor allow players to build their own scenarios.
- Maps cover a wide area of the mideast from Malta in the Mediterranian to Baghdad in Iraq.
This release of War Over The Mideast is version 1.01 and includes all changes from the original release. See the Changes File for more detail.
- Scenario Designer: Gary "Mo" Morgan
- Project Coordinator: Rich Hamilton
- Playtesters: Mike Cox, Brian Heard, George Miller, Jim Radley
Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, or 10
Processor: 1 GHz
Disk Space: 1 GB
Memory: 1 GB
This wargame is for sale at The John Tiller Software Store