March across the plains of southern Texas with the 4th US Infantry which included in its ranks the young Lieutenant Sam Grant. Accompany the elite US Engineers, its members including Lee, Beauregard, McClellan, Joe Johnston and other soon-to-be-famous officers, as they pry into the Mexican dispositions to find an opening that would lead to victory. Bounce across the arroyos at Buena Vista on the seat of a caisson in a battery commanded by Captain Braxton Bragg, or ride with the US Dragoons alongside Dick Ewell, back in the days when he still had hair--and both legs! Mexican-American War is a tactical level simulation of this conflict using the Early American Wars engine.
- 72 stand alone scenarios.
- 5 campaigns to choose from.
- A wide sampling of actions from small to huge actions.
- 14 unique maps ranging in size from 2600 hexes to 113,000 hexes providing ample ground for scenario designers to create their own actions.
- Also includes battles from the Texas War of Independence such as the Battle of the Alamo.
Game features include:
- Game scale is 125 feet to a hex with 5 minute turns.
- Both 2D and 3D views of the battlefield are supported.
- Units are mainly at the company level including infantry, cavalry, artillery, leaders, and supply wagons.
- Detailed weapons including muskets, rifles, carbines, bayonets, and various artillery.
- Command, Fatigue, Supply, and Terrain rules all affect game play.
Mexican-American War provides multiple play options including play against the computer AI, Play by E-mail (PBEM), LAN & Internet "live" play, and two player hotseat.
- Project Coordinator: Rich Hamilton
- Scenario Design: Richard Hamilton, John Ferry, Al Amos
- Music: Daniel Lee
- Historical Overview: John Ferry
- Playtesters: Ernie Sands, Rich White, Rich Walker, D. S. Walter, Mike Cox, Den McBride
- Special Thanks To: Tom Hicks and Douglas Murphy
System RequirementsWindows XP, Vista, 7, 8, or 10
Processor: 1 GHz
Disk Space: 1 GB
Memory: 1 GB
This wargame is for sale at The John Tiller Software Store