It is the end of April 1863 on the Mississippi River. After disastrous Union campaigns at Chickasaw Bayou, Steele Bayou and Greenville, General U.S. Grant now elects to bypass the Confederate fortress city of Vicksburg. Instead, he will take his Army of the Tennessee and march down the Louisiana side of the Mississippi River.Anxiously expecting a Union thrust somewhere across the river into Mississippi, Lt. General John C. Pemberton and his Confederate army occupies a strongly fortified position extending both north and south of Vicksburg. With Grant's crossing of the mighty river there will be no turning back...for either side.
57 scenarios, including the historical battles of:
- Chickasaw Bayou
- Port Gibson
- Champion Hill
- Big Black Bridge
- Milliken's Bend
- Vicksburg Assaults of 19 and 22 May
What-if" battles include
- Grant Assaults on Snyder's Bluffs
- Redbone Church
- Grindstone Ford
- Ingraham Heights
- July 6 Final Assault on Vicksburg
The campaign is played over a large area from Snyder's Bluff south to Port Gibson, and from Vicksburg east to the state capital of Jackson. On the advance, the Union player can choose among several strategic pathways with the ultimate goal of capturing Vicksburg. The Confederate guardians of the "Hill City" can elect to act purely on the defensive or counterattack instead.
- Turn-based game engine with 20 minute turns and 125 yard hexes.
- Graphics include both top-down 2D graphics as well as isometric 3D graphics.
- Individual battles as well as campaign games which allow the player to fight a series of battles while making decisions on the course of the campaign.
- A Scenario Editor that allows the players to build their own scenarios.
- A Campaign Editor that allows the players to build their own campaigns.
Here are some files from the game:
- Scenario Design: Lee Hook, Drew Wagenhoffer.
- Background Music: Thomas Hook and Lee Hook.
- Playtesters: Lee Hook, Drew Wagenhoffer, Mark Adams, Brett Schulte, Tom Hook.
Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, or 10
Processor: 1 GHz
Disk Space: 1 GB
Memory: 1 GB
This wargame is for sale at The John Tiller Software Store