By the middle of 1862, the Confederacy teetered on the brink of disaster on all fronts. Defeat after demoralizing defeat plagued Southern forces in the west. At the same time in the eastern theater, General George B. McClellan's Federal Army of the Potomac arrived at the outskirts of Richmond after a slow but steady 50-mile march up the rugged Virginia peninsula. On 31 May, the Confederate army, under the command of General Joseph E. Johnston, turned and attacked McClellan's army at Fair Oaks and Seven Pines. The two-day battle caught the Army of the Potomac in a vulnerable position astride the raging Chickahominy River. After initial success, the Confederate attack was blunted and both sides returned to their lines. Perhaps the most significant result of the battle was the wounding of Johnston and the elevation of Robert E. Lee to the command of the Army of Northern Virginia.
129 Scenarios, including the historical battles of:
- Fair Oaks/Seven Pines - May 31-June 1, 1862
- Oak Grove - June 25, 1862
- Beaver Dam Creek (Mechanicsville) - June 26, 1862
- Gaines's Mill - June 27, 1862
- Skirmish at Golding's Farm - June 28, 1862
- Allen's Farm and Savage Station - June 29, 1862
- Glendale (Frayser's Farm) and White Oak Swamp - June 30, 1862
- Malvern Hill - July 1, 1862
Plus 7-, 6-, 5-, 4-, 3-, and 2-day "Campaign Scenarios" are available for players who wish to play the entire Seven Days beginning at each day of the weeklong campaign.
- Turn-based game engine with 20 minute turns and 125 yard hexes.
- Graphics include both top-down 2D graphics as well as isometric 3D graphics.
- Individual battles as well as campaign games which allow the player to fight a series of battles while making decisions on the course of the campaign.
- A Scenario Editor that allows the players to build their own scenarios.
- A Campaign Editor that allows the players to build their own campaigns.
- Scenario Design: Drew Wagenhoffer
- Getting Started: Adam Parker
- Playtesters: Mark Adams, Doug Strickler, Brett Schulte
Windows Vista, 7, 8, or 10
Processor: 1 GHz
Disk Space: 1 GB
Memory: 1 GB
This wargame is for sale at The John Tiller Software Store