By late 1862, the war in the west was proving to be a very difficult theater of operations for the Confederacy. The disastrous defeats at Fort Donelson and Shiloh were especially damaging to the southern cause. But hope and spirit prevailed. A new plan was developed. Invade Kentucky, force the bulk of the Union army out of Tennessee, defeat it and encourage Kentuckians to join the Confederacy. Campaign Chickamauga recreates the campaigns and battles of late 1862 and 1863. These battles would help decide the fate of both Kentucky and Tennessee and ultimately, the Union.
- 170 stand alone scenarios and 80 campaign scenarios
- 4 different campaigns for a varied campaign experience, each also has a "weather variant" to choose from.
- Scenarios include: Perryville, Stones River, Frankfort, Nashville, Chickamauga, Greater Mill Springs and Chattanooga
- Large maps and inclusive orders of battle offer unlimited possibilities for user-created scenarios.
- Turn-based game engine with 20 minute turns and 125 yard hexes.
- Graphics include both top-down 2D graphics as well as isometric 3D graphics.
- Individual battles as well as campaign games which allow the player to fight a series of battles while making decisions on the course of the campaign.
- A Scenario Editor that allows the players to build their own scenarios.
- A Campaign Editor that allows the players to build their own campaigns.
Here are some files from the game:
- Chickamauga Map (PNG file)
- Missionary Ridge Map (PNG file)
- Murfreesboro Map (PNG file)
- Perryville Map Map (PNG file)
- Scenario Design: Rich Walker
- Playtesters: John Ferry, Rich Hamilton, Aleksander Krolikowski, Tony Malone, Ken Miller, Phil Roubaud, Ernie Sands, Brett Schulte, Rich White
- Special Recognition: Leader picture #180 is Major George Thomas Downs from Marion County, Virginia, an ancestor of Judy Amoral. She has kindly given us permission to use his photo for one of the officers for who we can find no actual picture.
Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, or 10
Processor: 1 GHz
Disk Space: 1 GB
Memory: 1 GB
This wargame is for sale at The John Tiller Software Store